Sunday, March 22, 2009

Things Are Looking Up


I have been checking out the chat program mIRC and it is a distinct improvement on ICQ.

Downloading was easy and quick.The layout is tidy and I just have that "vibe" that this may be fun to learn.ICQs menu looked like a left over pizza.

This costs $20 if you want to keep it more than 30 days.Probably worth it,you can exchange files and chat in a lot of groups.I am so new to these chat and IM sites that it would probably take more than 30 days to get right into it.

One thing occurs to me though,when I was trying to find someone to chat to it was a bit like begging for coins at the railway station,I felt really exposed,you feel the shame but you gotta get home lol.

Apart from a 4 line conversation with my patient and long suffering friend in Minnesota this was my introduction to chat.But you have to start from somewhere.My nickname on mIRC is Riverrat,so if you are ever on there,say Hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment