Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am now wondering who these authors are or were,and what is the subject of the books?Could they ever have imagined that their works could be accessed through this miracle of computers and copper wires?I can probably find out who they are or were,maybe at least one of them is still with us,and maybe they have an email address.Perhaps I might go to findagrave.com and see if they are there.

I didn't linger at the Deakin library because I could not wait to grab what I came for and get it down as proof of having been there.It felt like a bit of an Internet treasure hunt.I will post the results of my enquiries here later.

The second part of the exercise was to access towel.blinkenlights.nl.This turned out to be a primitive reworking of the first Star Wars movie,and it seemed to me to be like an animated dot matrix printout.You could change the background colors and colors of the text.All very good.I did wonder though,the person who did this sure must have had a lot of time on his hands.

So I am very relieved to have done this and will post again on the next task

No comments:

Post a Comment