Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A requirement of our blogs is that we are to add a "reader/feeder" to our pages in order to allow others to view our posts.As I understand it so far.this allows followers of the blog to view our posts and we can subscribe to other sites and blogs.

So this saves time,no need to actually go looking for the whole thing,you can make it come to you.I was aware of those little RSS symbols on pages and sort of knew what they did,but never saw the advantage of them,until now.

I didn't know whether they performed both functions IE did they send or did they just receive?So,remembering advice from one of our tutors,I went with my instincts and went for the one from Google as at least it would be compatible with the Blogger software.So easy to acquire,I just went to the add a gadget function in the Blog and downloaded it.

It is up and working.I got an email today to tell me that it is "transmitting".So good to have feedback on this.I also added a logo,looks pretty cool I guess.Amazed how many gadgets you can add.I was on a roll and grabbed a time thingy,2 clocks that show times in separate places.I set 1 to my local time and the other to Minnesota.This reminds me not to neglect my friends.When we communicate with others in real time,you have to grab the small window of time that is compatible with work and sleep.

You could get carried away with all these add ons.Some are really practical,but a lot just seem like toys.My blog may end looking like a pinball machine.Gotta show a little restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment